Friday, February 19, 2016

Journey to the bottom of the Seats (Breadwinners #1) by Stefan Petrucha

Petrucha, Stefan Journey to the bottom of the Seats (Breadwinners #1) 55 pgs. Papercutz, 2015. $7.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G GRAPHIC NOVEL
Based on a Nickelodeon cartoon, this graphic novel features the short chapter adventures of SwaySway and Buhdeuce. They drive a flying rocket van and end up battling egg laying monsters, rats that have taken up residence in their engine, and more.
The papercutz publisher is still on my ick list big time. I am a big fan of great graphic novels, but this is the kind of book that make me sound old fashioned when I say, I would never put junk like this in my school library. Its chaotic, nonsensical, and just plain irritating. If it’s a popular show for kids, then they can go out and buy this series for themselves.
EL  –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: