Monday, June 15, 2015

I Am the Wolf... And Here I Come! by Benedicte Guettier -ADVISABLE

Guettier, Benedicte. I Am the Wolf… And Here I Come, BOARD BOOK. Gecko Press Titles, 2015. $19.99. The Big Bad Wolf introduces himself and begins to get dressed for the day. He puts on each item of clothing, one by one, until he is fully dressed and says he is, “Coming to get you!” At first I was pretty wary of this book. I was concerned it might be too scary for some particular toddlers. But after reading it to my 1½ year old, my concerns totally disappeared. She enjoys saying all the words for each of the items of clothing, and will change her voice to a “scary” voice for the last page to try to say the frightening, last line. The book opens vertically, for a fun change with format. Content: G. PRE-K, K  –ADVISABLE. Reviewed by: Shay, School Librarian

No comments: