Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Northern Frights by Derek the Ghost - ADVISABLE

Derek the Ghost The Northern Frights (Scary School #3), 272 p.  Harper, 2013.  $10.  Violence: PG (fighting, but not graphic).

Derek the Ghost can only watch as four of his Scary School classmates are chosen to act as exchange students at the Scream Academy and they know things are going to be rough.  Scream Academy is much more brutal than Scary School and an ancient prophecy is about to be fulfilled – one that their enemies do not want to see happen.  Charles and the other exchange students need to make friends and allies fast! 

I have not read a Scary School book before and I really liked it.  The writing is creepy without being excessively violent and I like the students, even thought he schools are pretty bizarre.  I don’t know how I missed this one when it came out.

EL – ADVISABLE.   Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: