Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Spark by John Ratey - ADVISABLE

Ratey, John MD Spark, pg. 294 Little, Brown and Company, 2008 Language: (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content-PG; Violence: G;

The latest research show that for your brain to function at its peak your body needs to move.  John Ratey's book demonstrates the importance of daily exercise.  A study was done.  They had school age students spend the first 20-30 minutes of the day moving around.  The kids had a better time concentrating and focusing on their learning.  
It motivated me to exercise in the morning because I find I have more mental clarity.  I'm not perfect at it but I have noticed a difference.
He gives a good argument of how exercise helps with
stress
anxiety
depression
attention deficit
addiction
hormonal changes and 
aging
It got redundant s the book went on but I have changed the way that I think about exercise

HS, ADULT - ADVISABLE Emilee

No comments: