Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Through the Woods by Emily Carroll –NOT RECOMMENDED


Carroll, Emily Through the Woods 208 pgs. Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2014. $21.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: PG Violence: R. GRAPHIC NOVEL
This is a collection of horror five stories. When a set of sister’s father disappears they also one by one go with a strange man to his house. When a new bride hears singing in the walls, she discovers a grim secret.
I am a fan of spooky and ghost stories, but I have to be honest here…I only read the first two stories and felt so depressed and dark about it, that I decided I would rather eat glass than read the rest. I hardly ever do this, as a book reviewer, but I have a limit with horror and this book passed it. There is no swearing or romance, but the violence and horror is pretty high, though I wouldn’t add this to my library, if I ran a high school library.
HS -NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: