Friday, August 1, 2014

Alexis the icing on the cake (Cupcake Diaries #20) by Coco Simon –ADVISABLE

Simon, Coco  Alexis the icing on the cake (Cupcake Diaries #20) 160 pgs. Simon Spotlight, 2014. $16.99. Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G.
Alexis is growing up and discovering all the challenges that come with from growing pains, a changing body, angst, too much to do, and crushes. Luckily she has awesome parents, an understanding sister, and the best friends of the cupcake club.
You probably already know I am big fan of this series. This one was the most ‘real’ of all the books I have read, although many of them touch on real life issues like divorce. It totally brought me back to being 13. I have noticed at my school that 2-4 graders are interesting in this series, but 5-6 graders won’t touch it, even though they are the ones that could probably relate to it the most. I wonder if they did the cover more modern, like photo style or less cartoony, it could cross to that age group as well.

EL – ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: