Monday, August 25, 2014

Aesop’s Fables retold by Ann McGovern –OPTIONAL

McGovern, Ann  Aesop’s Fables 80 pgs. Scholastic Inc., 2013. $4.99. Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G.
This short and sweet re-telling of Aesop’s Fables are bit sized little renditions. It has all the classics and some I have not read (since I always pick up those beautifully illustrated versions, they contain less).
I am not sure if this is a reprint or the author has gone through and sharpened up her earlier version. The cover is very appealing but the level of artwork goes down significantly in the book with some simple but awful illustrations. I wouldn't add this version to my library but it might be one to recommend to classroom teachers or to have a classroom set available, since the short versions of these tales would make a great activity for students.

EL(K-3), Elementary –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: