Monday, July 21, 2014

Just my Lost Treasure by Mercer Mayer -OPTIONAL

Mayer, Mercer Just my Lost Treasure 24 pgs. HarperFestival, 2014. $3.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
When Little Critter is sent by his mom to find his missing socks, he sets right out. But what he finds instead is tons of missing ‘treasure’, from toys to instruments to clothes. He is so excited to find each new thing, but still hasn’t found the socks!
Of course, adorably illustrated, this book is filled with cute animals and bright colors. I don’t really like the lesson here though. It grates at me that Little Critter has so many toys and is so irresponsible with them. Especially true after reading the Rent Collector for my last review, where a family lives at the dump and each item they use really is a treasure.  

Pre-K, EL(K-3) – OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: