Friday, June 20, 2014

The Dominion Key (Joshua Dread #3) by Lee Bacon -ADVISABLE

Bacon, Lee The Dominion Key (Joshua Dread #3) 256 pgs. Delacorte Books for Young Readers, 2014. $16.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G.

Joshua is going to start middle school and isn't that excited about it. But when he goes to the mall with his friends Sophie, Miranda and Milton, plans change when they are attacked. Their parents send them off to a school for super hero and villain students. They know that the big bad guy Phineas Vex is using his minions to collect powerful items from a list. When their school is attacked, they know they need to find the Dominion Key, the last item on the list of magical items. Who will find it first?

I hardly ever say this, but I wish this series was longer or more drawn out. I would like to get to know the characters better, their school, get a better feel for the world. Things more so fast that I don’t even feel like I get to enjoy the story. I really like this series, students have enjoyed it as well.  I think the portrait illustrations really add to the story.

EL –ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: