Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Jinx by Sage Blackwood - OPTIONAL


Blackwood, Sage Jinx, 360 pgs. HarperCollins Children's Books, 2013.

Language - G, Sexual Content - PG; Violence - PG

EL, MS - OPTIONAL

Jinx was saved from his stepfather and the dangers of the forest by the Wizard Simon. Now Jinx lives with Simon and has to do all the chores, but life is still better than it was with his step-family. It isn't until Sophie comes along that he really enjoys his time at the Wizard's home, but after Simon puts a spell on Jinx, Jinx starts to wonder if enduring Simon's rudeness is worth living with him. 

While I loved the magic and adventure of Jinx's story, I didn't enjoy reading it very much. This book was hard to read because it seemed that every time I started to understand what was going on, something would change and I became confused again. It wasn't until the very end that I could follow what was going on and that soon led into a cliffhanger, leaving me unsatisfied once more. 

Reviewer: CCH

No comments: