Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wyatt Burp Rides Again (The Adventures of Jo Schmo #2) by Greg Trine -OPTIONAL

Trine, Greg Wyatt Burp Rides Again (The Adventures of Jo Schmo #2) 112 pgs. HMH Books for Young Readers, 2013. $12.98.  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.
Jo Schmo is bored, impatient that there are no big crimes to solve. Little does she know that the means girls at school have decided to become super villains! Jo decides to build a time machine and go back in the past to fight the evil Wyatt Burp. His burping powers are going to present a big challenge!
This the second book I have read in this series, and I am not sure that it’s growing on me. The language is choppy and stilted, often really corny too.  I think the cover is unappealing as well.  I wouldn't purchase this one for my school library, I just think there is better options.

EL –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: