Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Matt and Dave Yuck: Yucks Big Booger Challenge by David Sinden –NO


Sinden, David Matt and Dave Yuck: Yucks Big Booger Challenge 112 pgs. Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books, 2013. $13.09.  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.
Yuck is obsessed with boogers, especially his own. His mom really wants him to stop picking and eating them and also, to wear clean socks. Yuck comes up with a recipe for the stinkiest stink imaginable. Features many black and white illustrations.
I honestly don’t care if students might love this book, I am the one making the purchases, and this book made me want to vomit. Give me Captain Underpants any day of the week. This book was just trying to top itself over and over again on the gross out factor. I don’t want to give impressionable students any ideas that I or their parents, or both as I get yelled at, will live to regret –especially when it comes to boogers and stinky socks.

EL –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: