Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Love Our Earth/Amo Nuestra Tierra - OPTIONAL


Martin, Bill Jr. I Love Our Earth/Amo Nuestra Tierra, PICTURE BOOK.  Charlesbridge, 2013. $7.95. Content: G.  

A bilingual picture book, I Love Our Earth presents pictures of real children and places alongside a poem that specifies charming aspects of our planet.  I liked that this book was written in Spanish and English because it helped solidify the “our” in I Love Our Earth. The nature pictures and the children’s pictures were appealing as well.  It wasn’t incredibly memorable and I finished wishing that there had been an author’s note or a listing of photos and explanations about all of the different places that were photographed. It just felt like there was a little information lacking to really tie things up. 

EL - OPTIONAL. Reviewed by: Shay, School Librarian

No comments: