Sunday, February 3, 2013

What Body Part is That? By Andy Griffiths –NOT RECOMMENDED


Griffiths, Andy What Body Part is That? 192 pgs. Feiwel & Friends, 2012. $10.39.  (Rating: G).
This book features 170 chapters, each a different part of the body. Both the text and the illustrations are full of silly jokes and nonsense.
I guess the bottom line here is that I would not procure this book for my school library. While I didn't find it funny, I would hazard to guess that students may find a few laughs, but be overwhelmed by the endless chapters, which I found to be sort of a blur after a bit. I needed more from this book –a blend of fact and fiction might have done it, or a small plot that was part of the silliness (like in the Magic School bus). The description isn't bluffing when it says “fact free”.
ELEMENTARY –NOT RECOMMENDED Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: