Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our School Garden by Rick Swann –ADVISABLE


Swann, Rick and illustrated by Hale, Christy Our School Garden 32 pgs. Readers to Eaters, 2012. $16.96.  (Rating: G)
Michael is nervous about starting a new school. But this school has a garden, and the lessons that go along with it help him to make friends and find acceptance. Readers will find out a ton about gardens and even Homonyms.
I would be the first person to spearhead a school garden, so I adored this book. The collage style artwork is fascinating and fun.  Readers will keep reading because there is a lot of variety and points of interest both to read and to look at. My only qualm, I think this book won’t appeal to older students, but younger students might not understand the text. So there needs to be just the right age reader for this book –I would suggest 2nd graders!
EL –ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie MLS graduate & Author.

No comments: