Thursday, July 26, 2012

Can I Bring Woolly to the Library, Ms. Reeder? by Lois Grambling - ESSENTIAL


Grambling, Lois G., Can I Bring Woolly to the Library, Ms. Reeder?, Charlesbridge, 2012. $16.95. Content: G. PICTURE BOOK.  

A boy wants to bring a Woolly Mammoth to the Library.  He tells the Librarian that Woolly has the potential to be a great library helper because he’s familiar with all the library rules and he can reach the high shelves with no problem but fitting between shelves could be a big problem!

I really enjoyed this book.  I loved how the story told how the Woolly Mammoth could be a great library helper but it was the artwork that showed what would REALLY happen if a Woolly Mammoth came to the library! It would be a great book to open a discussion with children about perspective and also a great introduction to library etiquettes. I can see this being a #1 choice for summer reading time.

Pre-K, EL(K-3), EL-ESSENTIAL. Reviewer: MJB

No comments: