Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt - OPTIONAL


Barnholdt, Lauren Sometimes It Happens, 312 pgs. Simon Pulse, 2011. Language – R.  (141 swears, 9 “f”), Sexual Content – PG-13; Violence – PG; Hannah had a horrible start to summer, some amazing summer experiences, and an extremely bad first day back in high school. This summer was supposed to be her and Ava’s last hurrah, their last summer together, but plans don’t always work out. So instead, Ava is going to Maine for the whole summer, leaving Hannah to fend for herself. Not the best idea, but the first of many. Drama isn’t really my thing, so I was surprised by how hard it was to stop reading. At some parts, I was so mad with the characters that I had to leave to cool off—but I couldn’t stay away long. The thing I didn’t like was how the chapters flipped between past and present because it confused me. I also didn’t enjoy all the swearing that kept popping up for no good reason. HS – OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: