Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scared to Death bu Norah McClintock - ESSENTIAL


McClintock, Norah Scared to Death, 202 p. Kane Miller, 2001, 2011.  $5.99.  Chloe is not really great friends with Tessa, so when Tessa shows up looking for Levesque, Chloe is quick to point her at the police station and out of her life – for good, as it turns out, because Tessa is found dead not long after.  Now Chloe is on the hunt for a murderer, but is it the on-again-off-again boyfriend or is it Ross, the editor of the school paper and Chloe’s friend, who seems to have been seeing Tessa on the side?  Or is someone else, with a darker purpose, lurking in the wings.  I have finally got my hands on most of McClintock’s titles.  She is from Canada, so we haven’t seen much of her in the U.S. before now.  Now I have 31 titles by her on my shelves – she has definitely turned my holy trinity (Cooney, Duncan, Nixon) has now become a quartet!  MS – ESSENTIAL. Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: