Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon - ADVISABLE


Pon, Cindy, Fury of the Phoenix, 317 pages, Greenwillow books, 2011, language: PG (one or two minor swears) sexual content: PG13 (vague sexual circumstances, almost no description of them) violence: PG
Ai Ling finds herself in grave danger when she follows her old friend, Chen Yong, on a ship to join him on his mission to find his birth father The sailors believe woman on a ship means almost certain destruction, and she narrowly escapes being thrown overboard when caught. In addition, she is plagued by visions of the past- memories belonging to the man she killed not long ago. In this awe-inspiring sequel to Silver Phoenix, readers will find themselves addicted to the nearly constant suspense. Balancing a strong female lead, beautifully written romance, and most importantly all of the action and suspense. This Book had a kind of slow start to me, probably because I hadn't read the first book, but once I got into it I literally couldn't put the book down until I had finished. The only problem I could find is how the chapters switched between Ai Ling and Zhong Ye were a bit confusing to me, it took about half of the book for me to realize what was going on. MS-HS-ADVISABLE. Reviewer: BT

No comments: