Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last December by Matt Beam

Beam, Matt Last December, 156 pgs. Front Street, 2009. Language - PG-13 (37 swears, 6 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - PG; Steven has a hard life and is trying to figure out how to handle it. This book is a letter he's writing to his future sister and is his way of dealing with and figuring out everything. He tells his sister about one of the hardest weeks of his life and eventually, it works out. Though it has its good moments, I didn't especially enjoy reading this book. I didn't like how Steven was dealing with things, I didn't like the swearing, and I really didn't like all the drinking and partying that was involved. It sounded like a depressed kid telling a sad story and it was a pathetic waste of my time. HS - NO. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: