Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dugout Rivals by Fred Bowen


Bowen, Fred Dugout Rivals, 119 pgs. Peachtree Publishers, 2010. Language - G, Sexual Content - G; Violence - G; Jake plans on being the starting shortstop this season, and has a good shot of doing it too--before Adam shows up. Adam is good at hitting, pitching, catching, running, everything--including being a good shortstop. Jake goes along with it and keeps practicing, but he gets tired of everything being about Adam. But can he see that no one--even Adam--can be a one-man team? Teamwork is important--in sports especially--and this book really shows hat. No one can be a one-man team, not even the world's best players. I enjoyed the short story and found myself cheering them on out loud! I was very surprised at myself for liking this book so much because sports aren't really my thing, but I loved it. EL - ADVISABLE. Student Reviewer: CCH

No comments: