Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Deadly Sister by Eliot Schrefer


Schrefer, Eliot The Deadly Sister, 320 p. Scholastic Pres, MAY 2010.  $17.99.  Language: PG-13 (45+ swears, no “f”); Violence: PG-13 (murder victim); Sexual Content: PG; also contains casual drug use.  Abby has been covering for her younger, rebellious sister, Maya, forever.  But when she discovers the body of Maya’s lastest fling, she’s not sure she wants to cover for murder.  But Maya is her sister – and loyalty counts for something.  Now Abby is chin deep in a world of drugs and danger.  Caution – DO NOT read the end of this book first.  Usually it doesn’t bother me, but this time I really did ruin my reading experience.  Not that the ending is bad, just that I wish this one time I didn’t know.  If your students liked “School for Dangerous Girls”, also by Schrefer, then they will like this.  HS – OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: