Sunday, February 4, 2018

A Cup of Tea? by Eric LaBranche - OPTIONAL

LaBranche, Eric A Cup of Tea? Illustrated by Margaret Anne Suggs.  PICTURE BOOK.  Clavis, 2017.  $18.  9781605372815

A little boy is excited to see his parents after their long work days, but all they want to do is sit and relax and having their cup of tea.  After feeling lonely and frustrated, he has a brilliant idea – he’ll invite them to his own tea party!  But it is almost ruined when he remembers the treats, but forgets the tea.

While I am not a tea drinker, I am a working mom and I certainly remember those days when I was exhausted from work and wanted to do nothing more than sit down and rest and do nothing for a bit before I had to start dinner.  This is a nice gentle reminder for a parent to be a little more conscientious after work, but it also shows the boy being a bit understanding and very creative.

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: