Friday, October 13, 2017

Jabari Jumps by Gaia Cornwall -OPTIONAL

Cornwall, Gaia Jabari Jumps, PICTURE BOOK. Candlewick, 2017.  $16.
Jabari has passed his swimming test and is ready to try jumping off the high dive, or is he? When he gets there with his dad and his sister, Jabari comes up with reasons to wait. Then his dad has some great advice for him, that if you feel scared, to take a deep breath and tell yourself your readY, and scary might turn into surprise. Jabari has a big decision to make.
Oh my gosh, when Jabari walks out on to the high dive, the perspective had me right there with him and I certainly felt the height, ugh! I am not sure if the advice really gels for me. There are such things as bad surprises after all. The illustrations are very awesome and completely adorable!

EL(K-3) –OPTIONAL.  Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author

No comments: