Sunday, April 30, 2017

Mama Lion Wins the Race by Jon J Muth - ADVISABLE

Muth, Jon J Mama Lion Wins the Race.  PICTURE BOOK.  Scholastic, 2017.  $18.

Mama Lion and her Tigey are as ready as they can be for the big race.  Along the way Mama teaches Tigey an entirely different kind of lesson.

I read this one three times, because I love the illustrations so much and I liked the story, but I couldn’t put my finger on something that was eluding me.  Then I realized – I wonder if Muth wrote this story after watching a child play with their stuffed animals and race cars.  The illustrations are just that kind of out-of -whackness and the by-play with the cars has that child’s imagination feel to it.  I am going to have to try this out on some kids, but I know it will be fun to read aloud.

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: