Thursday, April 27, 2017

I Love My Grandma by Andreae Giles- ADVISABLE

Andreae, Giles. I Love My Grandma, PICTURE BOOK. Disney Hyperion, 2015. $16.99. Grandmas are so much fun to spend time with. They play, go on adventures, make delicious snacks, and cuddle up. They love to play with their grandchildren, but when mom returns, they are ready for their own alone time again for a bit. This is a brightly illustrated book, with sweet ideas about how to spend time with a grandma. My only hang up was use of the word “bestest.” It didn’t seem necessary and dumbs down the vocabulary for readers, when they should be getting strong language skills. If it had more of a purpose or matched other similar vocabulary in the book, then it would have made more sense. This would be a good gift book for a grandma. PRE-K, EL (K-3)- ADVISABLE. Reviewed by Shay, School Librarian

No comments: