Monday, November 14, 2016

Heroes for my Daughter by Brad Meltzer - OPTIONAL

Meltzer, Brad  Heroes for my Daughter, 116 pgs.  HarperCollins, 2012.  $17.99  Content: G.  

This is a compilation of sixty different people and their ability to overcome obstacles and make a difference in the world.  The author writes a letter to his daughter, Lila, at the beginning and encourages her to be an influence for good.  Then there are sixty different page spreads with a picture and an explanation of how that person made a difference.  At the bottom of the explanation is a quote or two from the person featured.  There are men and women, famous people and family members.  

This book is interesting and at time very inspiring.  I found myself wishing that there was more to the explanation, but I’m assuming that Brad Meltzer’s daughter must be young.  The pictures were low quality, which was sad because I think that could have kept young readers interest while being read the text.  

EL (K-3), EL – OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: