Friday, May 20, 2016

There's a Giraffe in My Soup by Ross Burach- OPTIONAL

Burach, Ross. There’s a Giraffe in My Soup, PICTURE BOOK. Harper, 2016. $17.99. A young patron goes to a restaurant to eat a bowl of soup. Unfortunately, every time his order comes, there is some kind of animal inside it. The waiter runs back and forth from the table to the kitchen, trying to bring an animal-free bowl. This goes on and on until the waiter realizes that the zoo sent all their animals to the restaurant by mistake. The child decides to eat somewhere else. I thought the pictures were really cute in this book and I was expecting a great story after the first page, but it just went on and on, without much variety. There wasn’t even really intriguing reason for the animals to have been sent to the restaurant. I was disappointed. PRE-K, K-3- OPTIONAL. Reviewed by Shay, School Librarian

No comments: