Thursday, June 25, 2015

Parallel by Kauren Miller - ADVISABLE

Miller, Lauren Parallel, 419 pgs. HarperTeen (HarperCollins), 2013. Language - PG-13 (79 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - G; 

Abby's life isn't perfect, but it is enjoyable. Until she wakes up on the opposite side of the country and finds out that the past year as she remembers it didn't happen. While Abby is still Abby, she is living in a parallel world where she made a different choice a year ago that has changed the path of her entire life. 

Honestly, I was not thrilled to be reading this book in the first couple of chapters. The premise of parallel worlds colliding is intriguing, but I worried that it would be too complicated  for me to keep up with. After I read a little farther, though, I forgot to be worried about anything except how Abby was going to figure this all out. I loved reading about the concept of parallel worlds and the power it gives it gives to today. What I choose to do, or not to do, today has more consequences than I can see right now. Don't let fear hold you back from doing great things--your happiness awaits. 

HS - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: