Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Book of the Dead (Tombquest Book#1) by Michael Northrop –NO

Northrop, Michael Book of the Dead (Tombquest Book#1) 208 pgs. Scholastic, 2015. $12.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: PG
Alex is one sick kid, and he probably won’t live much longer. When his mom, a museum curator, invokes an ancient Egyptian power to keep him alive, Alex is thrown into a terrible adventure. But ancient magic is dangerous and has unforeseen consequences and now Alex and his best friend Ren must battle a terrible mummy creature named the Stung Man.
I love Egyptian history but this book wasn’t even close to my favorite. The descriptions Alex’s illness came at a time for me when I was feeling quite ill myself, which did not endear me to this book. The story was kind of convoluted and I didn’t really find myself bonding to the characters. It took me like 2 months to finish this book because of this. I wouldn’t add this series to my school library
EL  –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author

No comments: