Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Rosenthal, Amy Krouse Uni the Unicorn: A story about believing, illustrated by Brigette Barrager.  PICTURE BOOK.  Random House, 2014.  $18.  

You may believe in unicorns, but do unicorns believe in you?  NO.  Except for Uni, a young unicorn.  Uni imagines all of the things  she (? - gender never specified) would enjoy with a little girl of her (?) very own.  

Barager’s illustration safe spot on - sparkly and curly and lots of shades of purple and pink.  All it lacks is some real glitter.  If you give this book to the right little girl (or woman), you might lose her as she searches high and low for a unicorn of her own.  

Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL.  
Cindy - Library Teacher

Ok - I am in love.  I took this to Parent-Teacher conference in order to amuse myself while hosting the book fair and I shared it with one of the teachers - next thing I knew, almost every woman in the gym had read it.  Freaking ADORABLE.  Then I posted the cover on my Facebook page and as a tease, my husband found the video and posted that on the wall - even more freaking ADORABLE! Seriously - buy lots of copies of this book for gift-giving!


No comments: