Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fuse by Julianna Baggott - NO

Baggott, Julianna Fuse, 465 pgs. Grand Central Publishing, 2013. Language - R (148 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - R; Violence - PG-13; 

Everything is changing--inside and outside the Dome--and everyone has a different motive for finding out more. But as more information is discovered, the less sure that the unlikely group of Pures and wretches is that they really want to know what's going on. This contributes to the group splitting up. Partridge goes back to the Dome, Lyda lives with the mothers, and El Capitan, Bradwell, and Pressia go on a journey no one imagined was possible anymore. 

After the separation of the characters, I got really bored with Partridge's and Lyda's contributions to the story. In fact, I dreaded the arrival of those chapters up until Partridge's last couple chapters. I loved the story that Pressia and El Capitan told. I think that Pressia and El Capitan kept going where the last book left off, while Partridge and Lyda went in completely different directions. Maybe I would like this book better after reading the third book of their story, but I don't think I'll bother picking it up--not just because of my disinterest in half the story, but also because of the inappropriate content. 

HS - NO. Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: