Friday, October 17, 2014

Frances Dean Who Loved to Dance and Dance by Sif - ESSENTIAL

Sif, Birgitta Frances Dean Who Loved to Dance and Dance.  PICTURE BOOK.  Candlewick, 2014.  $16.  

Frances Dean loves to dance - but never in front of others - she’s much too shy for that.  The birds show her a little girl who shares her beautiful singing with others and Frances Dean is inspired to also share dancing.  But does she have enough courage?

Sif’s illustrations dance across the page just as France Deans loves to dance.  I found myself wanting to try out some of her moves myself.  Have some music handy, because listeners will be inspired.

Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL.  Cindy - Library Teacher

NOTE:  I gave this to my niece who is a dancer at the college level and she is in love with it.

No comments: