Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Starring Jules (in Drama-Rama) by Beth Ain - ADVISABLE

Ain, Beth  Starring Jules (in Drama-Rama), 165 pgs.  Scholastic Press, 2013.  $14.99  Content: G.  

This story is about a girl named Jules who is in second grade and she was supposed to be an actress in a movie but then the movie got postponed.  Jules is sad that it was not going to happen, but then her mom helped her find another job.  There was another show, Look at us Now, who needed a little sister for the show, so Jules ends up doing that role.  

I liked Jules mom because she was always there for Jules and supported her.  I liked the pictures because they were creative.  The beginning was slow, but once I got into it I couldn’t put it down.  I felt like I wanted more when the book ended.  Although the character is in the second grade, it’s for older elementary kids.  

EL-ADVISABLE.  Reviewer, Isabelle, age 10.

No comments: