Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Veggies with Wedgies by Todd H Doodler -No

Doodler, Todd Veggies with Wedgies 32 pgs. Little Simon, 2014. $14.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: PG13 Violence: G.
Farmer John always hangs his clothes outside on the clothing line to dry. One days there is just underwear, tighty whiteys. The veggies are curious and learn more about the items from the very knowledgeable carrot. After they try them on, they just don’t feel right? Will the veggies figure out how to wear the farmers underwear properly?
After reading numerous classes The Adventures of Wedgieman, I discovered that most of the students do not know what a wedgie is. That is a good thing. I think this parody book is better off as a gag gift for grownups. I usually think stuff like this is very funny but I really don’t like idea of introducing ideas to students that have anything to do with sneaking and wearing someone else’s underwear whenever they aren't looking. I gotta tell ya, I felt sort of nauseated when I saw underpants crotch over the corns face.

EL (K-3) –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: