Monday, June 16, 2014

In Dreams by Erica Orloff - OPTIONAL

Orloff, Erica  InDreams, 263 pgs.  Speak, 2014.  $9.99 

Content: Language: PG (6 swears); Mature Content: PG-13; Violence: PG-13.  

Iris has trouble sleeping and when she does finally sleep she has vivid dreams where a boy calls out to her.  Iris starts to have trouble when her dreams seep into reality and people that were in her dreams begin to show up at her door.  Iris, with the help of her grandpa and best friend, begins to uncover the secrets of her heritage and the complexities of the dream world.  

This is a quick read with an entertaining story line.  I liked that it isn’t a series and the story has a satisfying ending.  Complaint number one is that in Iris’s second kiss with a boy she lets him feel her up and that’s supposed to be romantic?  Ick, it made me not like their relationship.  It’s also the only mature content in the book, so it seemed token inappropriate.  My second complaint is that the characters and story didn’t have any depth-the whole time I was reading this book I knew it was a made up story-it didn’t draw me in.  

HS-OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: