Friday, May 16, 2014

The 100 by Kass Morgan - ADVISABLE

Morgan, Kass The 100, 323 p. Little, Brown And Company, 2013. $18. Language: PG-13 (56 swears, 0 ‘f’); Violence: PG (non-graphic deaths) ; Mature Content: G.  

Humans abandoned the poisonous atmosphere of Earth eons ago.  Now, however, the spaceships in which they live are failing - they can not continue to recycle their air, water, protein, etc. forever.  In order to test out Earth, the Powers That Be decide to send a shipload of 100 juvenile delinquents down to the surface.  Because if they die, no one will really miss them, right?  And their only other option is death anyway.  But each juvenile has his or her own purpose for their rebellion.  And maybe Earth isn’t completely free of dwellers anyway.  

I have had this book on my shelf for a couple of months.  Then I caught part of an episode  of The 100 on the CW and thought I should give it a chance.  The book is much less bloody than the TV series.  Now I want another book to read and I am also catching up on all of the episodes that I missed!  Double score.  

MS, HS - ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: