Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Three (Article 5 Book #3) by Kristen Simmons –OPTIONAL

Simmons, Kristen Three (Article 5 Book #3) 384 pgs. Tor Teen, 2013. $17.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: PG13 Violence: PG.
In Ember’s concluding adventure, both she and her love interest, Chase are on the run, along with a group of friends. They find the safe house burned and they are exploring for survivors or more of the resistance, called Three. When they finally find sanctuary they must put themselves in danger once again. Chase as a soldier, and Ember with a bold plan to ignite the rebellion in the fearful population. Will their trust in the wrong people be their undoing or can a small group with a cause make a big difference?
I can’t say I have changed my opinion much on the character of Ember. I still think she is boring and I find myself having a difficult time caring as to the outcome of her story. Yet I think the Dystopian genre is popular and this is a decently paced and well thought out story. I will warn that the cheesy romance come to a point that might be a no-go for your school library. (condom use, loss of virginity, etc).

HS –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: