Friday, April 25, 2014

I Love My Pirate Papa by Laura Leuck - ADVISABLE

Leuck, Laura  I Love My Pirate Papa  Illustrated by Kyle M. Stone  Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2007.  $6.99  PICTURE BOOK  Content: G.  

A little boy loves to be a pirate with his Pirate Papa.  His dad teaches him to do pirate things such as finding treasure on a map and going up the mast.  In the end the father says that as much of the world that he has seen, his greatest treasure is his pirate boy.  

The illustrations are muted colors, but the pirates are great.  The story is told in a sing song rhyme that makes a great read aloud.  I have two little boys, and in their opinion there can never be enough pirate books.  This is a great one to add to your library.  

EL (K-3)-ADVISABLE.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: