Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Impossibility of Tomorrow by Avery Williams - OPTIONAL

Williams, Avery Impossibility of Tomorrow, 375 pgs.  Simon and Schuster, 2013.  $16.99 

Language: R (37 swears; 2 “F”); Mature Content: PG; Violence: PG-13.  

In this sequel to The Alchemy of Forever, Seraphina, a 600 year old soul, is still inhabiting the body of Kailey, a sixteen year old girl.  Sera is heartbroken because she believes that her violent ex-boyfriend Cyrus, also an old soul, has killed and taken the body of her boyfriend Noah.  In Sera’s attempts to draw out Cyrus, she tries to find the alchemy book that she lost the night she took Kailey’s body, and in the process uncovers more of who Kailey really was.  Sera also begins to question who her friends and family really are.  

I loved The Alchemy of Forever, I thought it was creative and I cared about the characters, but this story did not hold my interest.  I felt like the bad guy was so obvious and the twist at the end was so long in coming that by the time I got there I was exhausted.  Overall, if you liked The Alchemy of Forever it left such a cliffhanger that you have to read this book to find out what happens to Kailey, but if you didn’t read it, then this book will just seem confusing.   

HS-OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson. 

No comments: