Thursday, December 26, 2013

Daisy Gets Lost by Chris Raschka –OPTIONAL

Raschka, Christ Daisy Gets Lost 32 pgs. chwartz & Wade, 2013. $17.99  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G. PICTURE BOOK
Another story about Daisy the Dog. This time Daisy chases a squirrel and is lost. The little girl is looking everywhere and eventually hears Daisy after Daisy howls in despair. The reunion is a happy one!
I realize the other Daisy book by this author was award winning, and he does a wonderful job using watercolor illustrations to show emotions, but the fact is that in my own library, A Ball for Daisy is passed over for more modern looking illustrations. I wouldn't add this book to my collection for simply that reason. I think that there are more engaging wordless books and better books about being lost as well.

Pre-K –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: