Friday, December 9, 2011

The Mystery of the Missing Everything by Ben WInters - OPTIONAL


Winters, Ben H. The Mystery of the Missing Everything, 263 pgs. HarperCollins Children’s Books, 2011. Language – PG (13 swears, 0 “f”), Sexual Content – G; Violence – G; The school’s only trophy is missing and the principal is throwing a fit. All the extracurricular activities are cancelled, including the eighth graders special field trip. Bethesda is determined to solve the mystery, but the more she learns the more the case confuses her. Time went by so slowly in this book and I feel it took too many pages to solve the mystery. I was also disappointed by Bethesda’s detective skills, I didn’t like how she went about poking her nose in everything the wrong way. It made me frustrated and I didn’t want to read about her poor choices and be embarrassed with her. EL, MS – OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: