Monday, September 12, 2011

Conspiracies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edgehill - ADVISABLE


Lackey, Mercedes and Rosemary Edghill Conspiracies (Shadow Grail #2).  TOR, 2011.  $11.  Language: G (3 swears); Violence: PG (fighting – nothing graphic).  Spirit White and her friends may have repelled the Fairy Hunt, but they can’t convince the leaders of their exclusive boarding school that there is a traitor in their midst and that there is more danger coming.  New people at the school seem to be keeping the friends apart and Spirit, with her apparent lack of magic is seen by the others as jealous and paranoid.  If the group can solve their differences, someone else may win – whatever it is they are after.  This mini-trend of boarding school magic ( not related to Harry Potter, really) is kind of fun.  MS, HS – ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library-Teacher

FYI - Okay, I have to gush.  I got to meet Misty at DragonCon.  I tried really hard not to gush, but we did have a mutual admiration moment over Anne McCaffrey.  And I had a nice chat with Larry Dixon, Misty's husband.  You can tell that he loves her after 20 years (so far).  Their collaboration process sounds sane!  SO MUCH FUN!!  I had her sign one of the original Valdemar books.  I only brought one book per author for signing - since I own pretty much everything Misty has published, I thought I showed MUCH restraint!  ---Cindy

No comments: