Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Checkered Flag Cheater by Will Weaver


 Weaver, Will Checkered Flag Cheater, 198 pgs. D&M Publishers, Inc., 2010. Language - PG (26 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - G; Trace is living the dream. He's a well-known race car driver on billboards, is winning all the races, and the girls. But fans are starting to call him out as a cheater. He talks to his crew to try and sort things out, but this raises a good question: is it still cheating if you don't get caught? A pretty intense story and good read. I liked the story, the moral, and the great descriptions. I found it frustrating, though, when I was really into the book and than it started saying car this and car that, and I had no idea what it was talking about. So, I recommend this book, but you might want to have at least some knowledge of cars. MS, HS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: