Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Odyssey by Gareth Hinds


Hinds, Gareth The Odyssey: A graphic novel based on Homer’s epic poem.  249 p. Candlewick, 2010.  $14.99.  Content: PG (betrayal, lust, violence, in ancient times).  When I first glanced at the graphic novel, I was put off by how rustic and rough the graphics were.  When I got to ready the text however, I became immersed in the story and enjoyed the graphics just as a supplement to the tale.  Hinds has a magic way with words that makes the story so much more understandable.  Now I need to go back and read the real thing with my new found understanding.  Unfortunately theis first edition is in paperback.  I hope someone offers it in a re-bound form that will be able to hold up better.  MS, HS – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: