Monday, November 16, 2009

Louise the Big Cheese by Elise Primavera

Primavera, Elise Louise the Big Cheese illustrated by Diane Goode, 40 pgs. Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2009. PICTURE BOOK. $16.99. Louise Cheese has always dreamed of being a big star! Her chance finally comes when her teacher announces that the class will be performing the play "Cinderella" for the school. Confident that she will win the lead role of Cinderella, Louise is crushed when she instead wins the role of "mouse". Louise learns to come to terms with the fact that even if she isn't the big star, small parts are important too. The illustrations and bubble text in this book make it an exciting and fun read for every student, and if the bright, glittery cover doesn't attract every young girl, I don't know what will! EL-ESSENTIAL. Whitney, Library-Teacher.

2 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

This is a great site! I can't believe there aren't more comments. I teach English and am a 6 Traits of Writing Trainer. I love the multicultural selections you have posted here, as well as the variety of reading levels. I am going to follow your blog and I will post a link on my own blog. Great stuff!
www.shannonkodonnell.blogspot.com

Cindy Mitchell said...

Thank you for your kind words Shannon - thanks for spreading the word!